Seconds Count In An Emergency!
The City of Dyersburg has instituted the CodeRED Emergency Notification System - an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the City in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as a boil-water notice, missing child or evacuation notices).
The system is capable of dialing 60,000 phone numbers per hour. It then delivers our recorded message to a live person or an answering machine, making three attempts to connect to any number.
THIS SYSTEM WILL ONLY BE USED FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES.
Examples of times when the CodeRED system could be utilized:
- Drinking water contaminations
- Utility outages
- Evacuation notice & route
- Missing persons
- Dangerous Fires or Floods
- Chemical spills or Gas leaks that require a neighborhood or area evacuation
- Other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety
IF YOU HAVE A WIRED TELEPHONE, THEN YOU HAVE TO DO NOTHING TO RECEIVE THE ALERTS
IF YOU HAVE A CELL PHONE, OR VOIP (voice over Internet telephone), THEN CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR PHONE AND ADDRESS.
CodeRed service is for the City of Dyersburg residents only.